Webster University is moving towards exciting new technology by the Fall of 2017 that will enhance your experience inside and outside of class with online hosted email, shared calendars, additional online storage, access to Office on multiple devices, and so much more. More importantly, this will increase your account’s security and allow you to manage your own password which will ultimately become your single password to access multiple Webster technology services.
Office 365 provides online access to Microsoft Office applications so you can get things done from virtually anywhere. You can access, share, and co-author documents with OneDrive for Business. The Office apps help you access everything you need to work seamlessly from nearly any device while you’re on the move. You will also be able to download Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.) on up to 15 non-Webster, personally-owned devices (Computers, Tablets, or Smartphones).
Office 365 also provides important technical tools that Webster Information Technology is adopting, such as user password management and (in the near future) email management. You will not see an Outlook email icon in the Office 365 portal. For now, the way you access email does not change. In the near future, we will be switching to email in Office 365. Stay tuned!
The Office 365 password you choose in the setup process becomes the password for the Connections portal and applications accessed through it. For a complete list of applications that now use this password, visit the IT website. For this reason, it is mandatory to complete the Office 365 registration process as soon as possible.
To maintain uninterrupted access to current and future Webster University applications, you must update your account by April 19, 2017. The sooner you activate, the sooner you will access these and other services without disruption to your account. Follow the directions below or go to the IT website for instructions on how to update your account today! Visit the resource page for more information on Office 365.
For a printable pdf of the Office 365 setup instructions, with screenshots of the process, click here. To watch a video of the setup process, click here. If you’re ready to jump in, and don’t want to read through the pdf, just follow the 4 quick steps below to get Office 365 ready to go:
- Go to the Office 365 sign-in page at office.com
- Sign into your Office 365 account with these credentials:
- Username: Your Webster email address
- Password: Your default temporary password, which will either be:
- Your 7 digit Student ID Number
- Your first name first initial capitalized, last name first initial lowercase, your Webster ID number, and a # sign. For example: Kay Cay 1234567 becomes Kc1234567#
- If you try both password options but neither one works, please call the Webster University IT Service Desk: 314-968-5995 or 866-435-7270.
- After you sign into Office 365, you will immediately be prompted to set up your security options. If you are not prompted, go to the security options page.
- After setting up your security options, please change your Office 365 password. Your new password should be at least 12 characters long, contain both capital and lower case letters, a number, and one special character. For complete details about Webster’s password policy, visit the IT website.
That’s it! To use Office 365, just log in at portal.office.com. To learn about all the great features of Office 365, check out the training resources on Webster’s Office 365 website. If you have any questions please contact the Office 365 team at Office365@webster.edu.