Welcome, new and returning students, to Fall 2, 2018!
We hope you will reach out to the Academic Resource Center (ARC) to take advantage of the free resources available to you. The 10 Reasons You Should Use the ARC provide many of the details of these resources:
- The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is a resource for all Our services include testing, tutoring and writing assistance; assistive technology; disability accommodations and support; academic counseling; advocacy and direction to help students meet their needs; and more.
- The ARC assists students who are high-performing and want to do even better as well as students who are struggling.
- The ARC supports students at all Webster campuses and sites, including online-only students. Students at different locations—whether by enrollment or via study abroad—can access many of our services online and via email and phone.
- Academic Counselors help students improve their GPAs, get organized, manage stress and anxiety, improve study habits, and more.
- The ARC is available to work with student organizations and groups. Team members can provide Gorlok Grit Huddles to address topics such as managing time in stressful situations, adjusting to change in college, understanding academic expectations, game plans for finals, and more.
- ARC tutors and Writing Coaches are, primarily, Webster students who have been recommended by Webster faculty members for these positions. Thus, they are students’ peers and get paid to help their fellow Gorloks! Some Writing Coaches are professional staff members who are available to assist students, and some of these individuals also have expertise in ESL support.
- Tutoring and writing assistance is available in the ARC, online (primarily for non-St. Louis-based students), and sometimes in other areas of the Webster Groves campus. For instance, weekend Writing Center hours are held on the first floor of the Library, and tutoring can occur anywhere by appointment, including in labs so that the tutor and student can work on the relevant equipment. The Online Writing Center serves all graduate and online students and students at extended and international campuses.
- The ARC website (webster.edu/arc) contains valuable information and resources that we encourage everyone to access.
- The ARC is a great place to do your coursework so you have help available as needed. We have both PC and Mac computers for your use as well as comfortable spaces to study.
- The ARC team members are friendly and work to support Webster’s community in any way possible. We want to help the Webster community! Please call us, email us, and/or come by to see us.
Find out more, schedule appointments, etc., at www.webster.edu/arc.