The Office of Academic Affairs invites nominations for a new award honoring excellence in academic advising throughout the entire Webster University network.
Excellent advisors are
- Caring and helpful;
- Knowledgeable about curriculum and academic policies; and
- Actively engaged in fostering the academic and career goals of their advisees.
By calling attention to the best work in this area, this award recognizes the high-impact practices that contribute to the “global student centered experience” we provide.
Two awards in the form of a plaque or certificate will be presented annually in the following categories:
- Outstanding Faculty Advisor
- Outstanding Staff Advisor
Faculty Advising Award:
The Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award honors the contribution to student success, retention, and persistence that Faculty Advisors make. They are ideally situated to explain and integrate the learning outcomes of the curriculum they helped design. They can also play a unique role in helping students see how to use their degrees professionally and academically.
This award is for full-time individuals whose primary responsibility is classroom teaching and advising.
Professional Advising Award:
Professional advisors throughout the network play an equally important role, as the academic advisor may be the one constant throughout a student’s academic journey at Webster University.
This award is for individuals who have significant advising responsibilities including formally assigned students to advise.
We welcome nominations from students, faculty, staff, and eligible individuals themselves.
To nominate an advisor, please write a brief paragraph stating why you think he/she is an outstanding advisor.
- Nominations may be sent to email@example.com (please use “Advising Award” in the subject line). Nominations should explain how you know the nominee and address some of the key criteria of good academic advising.
- Nominations are due to the Academic Advising Center by Monday, March 26th.
- Nominees will be asked to submit a resume/curriculum vita for review by the committee.